Sunday 23 February 2014

Chevron Punch Showcase & Colour Me Challenge

I have succumbed to buying the Chevron Border Punch and I love it, why didn't I get it earlier?! I had great fun using it in this accordion card I made. As some of you may know life is a little bumpy in the Smith household at the moment and if it wasn't for my wonderful brother and sister-in-law Neil and Sue I don't think I could cope. Here is the card I made to say Thank You. I adapted the card from the accordion card I made in Julie's training, (I don't think I've showed you it yet), Julie used a 12" x 12" but I used A4 size card. The colour combination comes from the Colour Me Challenge #8 
Here is my card, I had to put it on the mantle piece to get it all in.

This is the back, I used the chevron punch to punch the card base so you can see the colours from the card mats coming through. I used the punch on the card mats so there are 'brown sugar'  chevrons on the bottom border. The top border inside is made from the punched out bits.
Here it is folded up:

Stamp sets used were, Morning Post Alphabet and You're Lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...so clever Anne-Marie! Great use of our challenge colors!
    Thank you for joining us at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this project!!! Way to make a statement :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun folded card. Great use of the colors for the peekaboo chevron cutouts. So glad you're joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... what a fun project... fab use of the color combo!! thanks so much for plarying along with Colour Me!

    ReplyDelete